We released Zulip Server 5.2 today! This is a bugfix release, containing cherry-picked changes since Zulip Server 5.1.
- Fixed a performance regression in the UI, introduced in 5.0, when opening the compose box.
- Fixed a bug which could intermittently cause URL previews to fail, if Zulip was being run in Docker or in low-memory environments.
- Fixed an issue which would cause PostgreSQL 10 and PostgreSQL 11 to attempt to write each WAL log to S3, even if S3 WAL backups/replication were not configured.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the SCIM integration from deactivating users.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in an “You unsubscribed” notice incorrectly appearing when new messages arrived in a topic being viewed via a “near” link.
- Fixed digest emails being incorrectly sent if a user was deactivated after the digest was enqueued but before it was processed.
- Fixed warning about
EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORDbeing unset when explicitly set to empty.
- Fixed incomplete tracebacks when timeouts happen during Markdown rendering.
- Fixed some older versions of Zulip Server not being considered when comparing for the likely original version of
- Stopped using the
database_passwordif it is set but
- Stopped trying to fix LetsEncrypt certificate configuration if they were not currently in use.
- Sorted and prettified the output of the
- Split the large
zerver/lib/actions.pyfile into many files under
zerver/actions/. This non-functional change was backported to ensure it remains easy to backport other changes.
- Updated documentation to reflect that current mobile apps are only guaranteed to be compatible with Zulip Server 3.0 and later; they may also work with earlier versions, with a degraded experience.
We love feedback from the Zulip user community. Here are a few ways you can connect: